Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Gospel




There was a time in my life when I was separated from God. I lived according to my sinful nature, and tried my hardest to run from Him (Isaiah 59:2).  But even while I was still yet a sinner, Christ died for me (Romans 5:8).  God sent the One who knew no sin, to be sin for me, and you, so that in Him we may experience the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21).  He gave me the choice to receive Him, as He has given everyone, and through belief in His Son he has taken away my sin in exchange for eternal life (John 3:16). Where I once was separated and felt far away from Him, I have now been brought back to him through the blood of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:13). There was nothing that I did that caused me to earn or deserve what Jesus Christ did for me (Ephesians 2:8-9); it was solely a demonstration of His great love for me.  My only aim in life from this point on is to finish the race that he has called me to run (Acts 20:24).  Regardless of where I end up in life, I hope to always live out His last commandment that was to make Him famous to the world (Matthew 28:19-20). In everything that I do in life, I aim to do it as if I were doing it for my Lord and Savior himself (Colossians 3:23). Yet I know that even my greatest accomplishments in life, whatever they may be, don’t even compare to that which He has done for me (Isaiah 64:6).  I also know that nothing can separate me from the love of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:35), because nothing in this world can compare to the glory that will be revealed on that day (Romans 8:18).  My hope for you is that you would come to know that there is nothing you can do to escape Him (Romans 8:38-39), and all that He wants to do is to know you more (Psalms 8:3-4). And lastly, my prayer for you is that the eyes of your heart would be opened, so that you would come to know 3 things:  1-the hope to which he has called you; 2-the riches of His glorious inheritance that is you and me and all who believe; and 3-the incomparably great power that is in those of us who believe. (Ephesians 1:18-19) Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment