Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Opener


I've never really liked blogging. I always thought it was weird. But as I get older I feel like I'm growing up a bit. I used to take whatever was given to me and hold on tight to it as if it could never change. I would have never had a blog. But that was then. Now I'm a thinker. Now I like to challenge stuff that is given to me and think of all of the different aspects about it. I like to read books now, at least the ones that interest me. I like to get in deep conversations with people about stuff that really matters. And I'm learning more and more each day that I don't really care what other people think about me. John Wooden once wrote "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." (I would play for that man if he never won a single basketball game as a coach just because of the man he was.) I do hope that other people can look at my life and see my faith and how I'm striving to be the man that Jesus wants me to be. But at the end of the day all I can do is try to be that man, people are going to see what they want to see.

I have no idea what all this blog will entail. If i had to guess I would probably say there will be a lot of Jesus in it. I love Him. He is important to me. Then after that probably some stuff about weightlifting, some frisbee, some christian rap music, books, youtube videos, and sports will probably find their way in as well. Really anything in my life that I think is worth sharing. I've wanted to start a blog of some sort for a couple of months now dating back to the fall of 2011, but only recently when my roommate Alex stepped up to the plate and made one did I muster up the courage to take the plunge. I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, and I don't know if this blog will benefit anyone at all other than my own sanity, but if thats the case then I am fine with that too. If you like it, then keep reading it. Shoot me a text or a message about it whatever it was that struck you. If you don't like it, I'm sorry and I hope that you find whatever it is that you're looking for someday.

I guess you could call this 'My Opener.' In weightlifting this is what you do. You have an opener, a weight that you know you can hit. In baseball this would be my leadoff hitter. Someone who I thought could get on base and get something going. I don't even know what I'm trying to get going through this, but I pray that God will take whatever it is and whatever it becomes and use it to glorify His Kingdom in some way. I pray that with everything about my life, this is just one aspect.

1 comment: